Privacy and Security Policy
- Source：Kinmen Land Administration Bureau
The Kinmen Land Administration Bureau website respects the net user’s privacy a great deal. In order to help you understand the Kinmen Land Administration Bureau website and learn how to collect, use, and protect your personal information, please carefully read the following information about the security and protection policy for the Kinmen Land Administration Bureau website. This policy can help you understand the policies and principles of collecting, using and protecting net users’ personal information when you are using the Kinmen Land Administration Bureau website and its extended services.
Scope of Application
- The privacy protection policies below are in force for net users when using the Kinmen Land Administration Bureau Website and its extended website (mainly including the domain of www.Kinmen.gov.tw in principle) when you are engaging in any activities on these websites, involving gathering information for personal use and protecting personal information. However, they are not applicable to the other websites linked from our website. While you are engaging in any activities on these websites concerning the protection of personal data, the privacy protection policies of those websites will govern.
Collection of Personal Information
- Net users’ personal information is collected through the following channels:
- Online activity and Web questionnaire:
- When you participate in the Kinmen City Government’s online activity or Web questionnaire, you may be required to provide personal information such as your name, ID card number, telephone number, e-mail address, and residential address. You may also participate in lottery activities, contests, or sales campaigns sponsored by other websites or institutions through the hyperlinks on our website. Concerning the protection of your personal information, these institutions or websites have their own privacy protection policies. The privacy protection policies of Kinmen City Government’s website cannot and will not apply in these conditions. In addition, the website will not take any related legal responsibility in the unlikely event of any unforeseen consequences or losses incurred.
- The Kinmen City Government website will retain the log created by the server automatically, including IP address, log-in time, browsers used, and the information clicked, when the net users are browsing or checking for information. The website will indicate the web browsers used by the net users and summarize the browsers used for browsing the information on our official website. Except for the supply of your personal information upon consent, our official website cannot and will not locate any corresponding relationship between your personal information within the log.
- Other than supplying your personal information upon consent, you may also provide your personal information, such as e-mail address, name, etc, in the forum of our website. The privacy of such kind of information will not be included in the scope of the protection of privacy information. In addition, if you contact the Kinmen City Government website by writing or reflecting your ideas through another medium, our official website will retain the correspondence and handling records.
The use of personal cookies and policies
- For better and more personalized service:
- For your convenience or personalized interaction. cookies will be generated when you register or log on to our official website. They will be updated when you log off.
- In order to calculate the number of browsers or analyze the browsing patterns:
- For understanding the conditions of the WebPages being browsed for reference to improve our service.
- Tracing clicks on campaign advertisements or sales campaigns:
- When sending out electronic papers or sponsoring promotional activities sometimes we will write cookies to trace the users’ degree of participation and related data during the whole campaign.